Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 2:01PM
Having a solid strategy is crucial if you’re going to optimize your ads while they are in market. Through smart planning, lose the fear of changing your ads mid-run.
Here are a few tips:
- Identify goals, key metrics, and possible changes before the campaign goes live. Outline specific and strategic actions, but leave some room for flexibility.
- Ask for a buy-in from your team, so that changes to the creative, content or ad functionality are known about, and if possible, pre-approved. Then, if you identify opportunities for optimization or experimentation, you can have an action plan already in place, and streamline the process of making or reverting changes to the creative.
- Optimization generally takes at least two people, someone to know and watch the data, and someone who knows their way around the ad who can make the changes.
- Don’t forget to instruct anyone modifying the ad to make notes and flag appropriate milestones when publishing changes to the ad creative! Flite Tip: Every time you press the “Publish” button, you have an opportunity to document what you did.
- Retargeting is an especially strong opportunity to optimize creative since you know more specifically who your market is and what your goals are. Don't miss this opportunity to deliver a more custom experience.